When you have a crush on someone, you are going to need to impress them if you are going to capture their interest. You could just do nothing and hope that it happens it’s own, but that could backfire. If you wait too long, you could end up in the friend zone. If that happens, it is almost impossible for your crush to look at you as less of a friend and more of a potential partner. If you don’t want to leave things up to chance, you are going to need to work on impressing your crush. If you are going to be successful, you are going to need to impress your crush in a few different ways. These include:
If you know how to show off the best side of yourself in each of these ways, you have a pretty good chance of showing your crush that you are a great catch.
10 Ways To Impress Your Crush
There is more to impressing your crush than throwing out pick up lines. While pickup lines can be cute and fun, you are going to need to do more if you are going to turn your crush into your significant other. Here are 10 ways to make a great impression.
- Be Independent: Independence is a huge turn-on. Nobody wants to be with a needy person who can’t seem to do a thing on their own. If you’re going to show your crush that you are relationship material, let them see how independent you are. Let them know that you can get things done without relying on anyone else. Being strong and independent will go a long way.
- Let Them See Your Goofy Side: Nobody likes someone who is serious all the time. This gets really boring, really fast. Being goofy can be fun sometimes, and it will really impress your crush. When they see that you can be fun and silly once in a while, they will see how fun it would be to be in a relationship with you.
- Have a Sense of Humor: It isn’t a secret that people love to laugh. When talking to your crush, don’t make every conversation deep and meaningful. They are going to want to see that you can be light and fun at times. Best of all, you don’t need to be a comedian to show your crush your funny side. You can tell them a cheesy joke. These jokes might be silly, but your crush will think it’s cute. If you are really confident, you can tell your crush an embarrassing story about yourself. This will let them see that you don’t take yourself too seriously, which can be a major turn-on.
- Be Kind: Kindness goes a long way. If you want to capture your crush’s interest, let them see how kind-hearted you are. Being kind to them is one thing, but you will need to show them that you can be helpful to others. If you see someone being bullied or in need to help, do what you can. This will show your crush that you have a big heart. You can even get involved with volunteer programs to get your point across.
- Be Yourself: When you are trying to impress your crush, you might be tempted to show a side of you that really isn’t you. If you are faking it to get your crush’s attention, they are going to notice. When they see you forcing something that isn’t real, they will be turned off. Also, the real you will eventually come out. If you are already in a relationship with your crush, they are going to feel deceived. If you are going to have any chance of a lasting relationship, you need to be yourself from the beginning.
- Be Spontaneous: Spontaneity is a very attractive quality in a person. You don’t need to schedule every activity in your life. If you show your crush that you can be spontaneous and make plans at the drop of a hat, it will pique their interest. They will want to be around you more, wondering what you will do next.
- Have Fun: When your crush is around, you should make it look like you are having the time of your life. When you are able to be the life of the party that isn’t even happening, it will get your crush’s attention. They will see how much fun you can make out of nothing, and they will want to be part of it as well.
- Be a Friend: If your crush seems upset or just not themselves, you should act like their friend. This is the time to stop impressing them with pickup lines and flirting. When your crush sees that you can be there for them to help them through their problems, they will start to look at you in a new light. Soon, they will see that you can be that someone special in their life with a lot to offer.
- Be Confident: Confidence is a very attractive quality in a person. If you show your insecure side or your jealous side too often, you could end up in the friend zone forever.
- Don’t Be a Braggart: When you are trying to impress your crush, you want them to notice the good qualities in you, but you can’t take it too far. If you spend all of your time bragging about yourself to your crush, it will be a huge turn-off. People don’t want to be around someone who spends all of their time talking about themselves and how great they are. You should be confident, just don’t go overboard.
How To Impress Your Crush In a Text
When you are first getting to know a person, a lot of your communication is going to be through text. If you want to impress your crush, you are going to need to know some ways to do it through text. Getting to know someone through text is great because you have time between texts to think of the right thing to say before saying it. Texting is an art. If you follow the tips listed below, you can impress your crush by merely typing the right messages.
- Start with a simple question: When texting your crush, you don’t want to send one long paragraph and hope that they are going to respond. You need to get them to engage with the first text. To do this, type a simple question. You can ask how their day is going, ask what they are up to, or ask how they are. These are friendly questions that require a response, which can get a full-blown text conversation going.
- Thinking of You: Sending your crush a text that says, “thinking of you” is a great way to impress them. When they see this text, they will be very flattered. If you feel weird about sending such a sweet text, you can add a smiley face after, which will keep it more relaxed and friendly.
- Don’t Be Too Serious: When you are texting your crush, it isn’t the time to have a deep and meaningful conversation. You want to use the text messages to show your crush that you can be fun and playful. This will make your crush want to keep texting because they will be having just as much fun as you are.
- Avoid Multiple Texts: When you text your crush, you want to avoid sending text after text after text. It is best to wait for them to reply before you text them again. They could be busy with their family, working on something, or taking a nap. If your crush checks their phone and sees multiple text messages from you, it could scare them off. The last thing you want your crush to think is that you are a needy stalker.
- Avoid Too Long and Too Short Texts: Unless your crush has texted you a question that requires a really long reply, keep your text messages short. Nobody wants to read a text message as long as a novel. A good text message should be no more than two sentences. You also don’t want your texts to be too short. If your crush asks you a question, one-word answers aren’t enough. Even if the reply is one word, turn it into a sentence. One word text messages make it seem like you aren’t interested or just too busy to be part of the conversation.
- Response Time: The time it takes you to respond to a text can impress your crush. When they text you first, you don’t want to reply the second you get the text every time. This will make it seem like you are sitting by your phone, waiting for the text, making you look needy. You don’t want to make them wait every time, however. If your crush texts you and you make them wait 10 minutes for a response each time, they will think that you aren’t interested. It is best to mix it up a bit.
- End the Conversation If Things Get Boring: If the conversation is starting to lag, or if your crush is starting to answer questions with one-word sentences, it is time to stop texting. A long, boring text conversation can unravel all the hard work that you have done to impress your crush. When you are ready to end the conversation, don’t do so abruptly. Send a text telling your crush that you have a few things to do, and you will text them later. This will end the conversation before it gets too boring, and you will be ending things with an open opportunity to text again later.
- Good Morning/Goodnight: When you wake up, you should text your crush to say good morning. They will think that it is sweet and flattering that they were the first thing on your mind. Before going to bed at night, text them to say goodnight. This will show them that they are in your thoughts.
- Proofread Your Texts: You never want to send a text unless you have proofread it first. Autocorrect is great, but there are times that your phone will get things wrong. Make sure that the text says what you mean before sending it. You also want to make sure that you used your, you’re, there, their, and they’re correctly. You aren’t going to impress your crush if you seem to be illiterate.
- Don’t Always Text First: You don’t want to be the one who is always sending the first text. Not only will this make you seem clingy, but it could also be a sign that they just aren’t interested in you. Let them make the first move once in a while.
How To Impress Your Crush At School
If you are in school with your crush, you will likely see them every day. Between seeing them during class, between classes, and at lunch, you will have plenty of opportunities to impress them. If you don’t want to end up in the friend zone with your crush, you need to take advantage of the time that you see them in school. Here are a few ways that you can show your crush that you are the one while at school.
- Always Look Great: If you are going to impress your crush at school, you need to look great. Make sure that your hair always looks good, and you are wearing clean, stylish clothes that compliment your body type. If you are going to look great at school, you will need to get up a bit earlier than usual, but it will be worth it.
- Speak Up In Class: If you share any classes with your crush, you should speak up. If you get involved in the classroom discussion, it will show that you are intelligent and have a passion for learning.
- Stay Out of Trouble: You aren’t going to impress your crush if you are in detention every afternoon. Nobody wants to start a relationship with a trouble maker. Acting up in class will get your crush to notice you, but it will be negative attention.
- Join the Same Activities: If your crush is in the math club or the student council, you should join as well. This will give you a chance to spend some time with your crush outside of the classroom. If you aren’t ready to ask your crush to get something to eat together, you can spend time together during your after school activities. This is a great way to get to know each other better.
- Look Like You’re Always Having Fun: When you are at lunch or hanging out with friends between classes, you want it to look like you are always having fun. When your crush sees what a good time you are having, they will be intrigued. Soon, they will want to spend time with you to get in on the fun themselves.
How To Impress Your Crush Without Talking
You don’t always need to be talking or texting to impress your crush. There are a few ways that you can impress them without even speaking.
- Eye Contact: If your crush is across the room, you should make eye contact a few times. When you make eye contact with your crush, they will see that you are interested. When you do make eye contact, don’t look away as soon as your eyes meet. It will make things weird, and you will appear insecure. Also, don’t make eye contact too often. If you do it too often, it will go from cute to creepy really fast.
- Talk About Their Interests When He Is Nearby: It is possible to impress your crush without them knowing what you are doing. If your crush is sitting at the next table over at lunch, start talking to your friends about something they are interested in. When they overhear you talking about something that they are passionate about, it will quickly get their attention. Just make sure you know what you are talking about before you start. If you don’t, you will only embarrass yourself.
- Be Confident: People are attracted to confident people. You can show your crush that you are confident without even speaking to them. When you walk, stand up straight, keep your head up and smile. If your crush walks by you, give him a smile and a wave. This will go a long way.
- Stay In Shape: If you are going to get your crush’s attention and impress them, you should work on getting in shape. Watching what you eat and working out a few times a week will keep your body looking great, which will really get your crush’s attention.
How To Impress Your Crush With Words
If you are going to impress your crush, you are going to need to talk to them in person. Chatting in text and direct messages is great, but if you are going to go from friends to being a couple, you will need to impress them with your words. Here are a few great ways to do this.
- Talk About What You Are Passionate About: Your crush is going to be impressed when they find out that you are very passionate about something. When you are talking to your crush, you should bring it up. Not only will it be a great conversation starter, but they will get to know you on a deeper level. Your crush will also be impressed by how passionate you are.
- Compliment Them: Almost everyone feels flattered when they get a compliment. If you want to impress your crush and get their attention, compliment them. You can compliment them on just about anything, and they will be flattered. Just don’t go overboard because that will make things awkward.
- Discuss Their Interests: People love to talk about the things that they are interested in the most. If you can find out what your crush is interested in, it is a great chance to start a conversation. Since you are discussing something that they like, they will be more than willing to engage in a conversation with you. They will also be impressed that you want to talk about their interests.
- Flirt: Flirting is a great way to show your crush that you are interested in them. If you don’t have game, don’t worry. You can flirt with someone simply by having a light, fun conversation. If you don’t think that they realize that you are flirting, touch their arm or shoulder from time to time. If there was any question before, there won’t be when you touch them.
- Ask Them Out: If you are worried that you have been friends for too long and you are in danger of ending up in the friend zone, it is time to make your move. When you ask your crush out for a meal or coffee, it will show them that you are a confident person who isn’t afraid to make the first move. Also, it will let them know once and for all that you want to be more than just friends.
If you are able to impress your crush, there is a good chance that you can go from being friends to being much more. If you follow the tips listed above, you have a great shot at making your crush your significant other.